Here are some supplementary measures to our normal Sailing Rules. These are in place to ensure everyone’s well-being and safety. They are important, and members are required to follow them.
- Don’t come to the club if you have Covid 19 symptoms. In addition, if you have had contact with a work colleague, family or household member who is unwell with the symptoms of Covid-19, you should not attend the club for a minimum of 14 days.
- You should not come to the club if you have been contacted by the NHS test and trace service because you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus.
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times, on and off the water.
- Before sailing your boat with someone who is not in your household you should carefully consider the RYA’s advice on our website at –
- Caution is required when launching / recovering your boat so that social distancing can be maintained. Please be considerate to the needs of other members when using these areas.
- We should avoid touching other members’ craft or trolleys.
- When launching, return your trolley to your berth as soon as possible to keep launching / landing areas clear. Avoid leaving your boat unattended on the beach, instead use the mooring points provided. There is additional mooring available in front of the club house.
- The clubhouse is closed; this means there are no changing or showering facilities on site for your use. You may decide to get changed at home – please be discreet if you are changing on the car park!
- The downstairs toilet is available, please follow the instructions provided to keep it clean. This area should not be used as a changing room.
- Caution will be required when opening and closing the main gate; the use of gloves and /or hand sanitizer should be considered. The gate should remain closed (not necessarily locked) to avoid casual visits by other Park users.
- Sail conservatively i.e. sail well within your capabilities to avoid accidents and 999 calls.
- You should carry out thorough pre-sail checks on your equipment – particularly if it has laid dormant for many months.
- Members’ rights to bring guests to the club are temporarily suspended.
- Club craft are available when the club is open and are bookable on Eventbrite.